TO ALL PUBLISHERS AND AGENTS WHO DEAL IN LITERARY FICTION
“The Meadow” – a great love story
This is all about promoting “The Meadow”, a novel about love and past lives
“THE MEADOW” A NOVEL OF MORE THAN 550 PAGES
This is all about “The Meadow”. I will be describing how it came to be written. This is a painting which was commissioned to celebrate the completion of the novel. Now it awaits for that right opportunity where it can bring its message to the world. The story is as unique, as th
e characters are special.
The painting isn’t meant to give the impression that it is the book cover. You can see that further down this page. However, it IS meant to convey the feeling and energy that was behind the two authors as they wrote this tale of love and devastation that covered many thousands of years.
~~ Mike O’Hare ~~
Contents at a Glance. These are links which will take you to my Squidoo page, displaying the same pages.
- “The Meadow” seeks recognition
- The physical meadow versus the celestial watering hole called “The Meadow”
- The Feathers — from “The Meadow”
“The Meadow” seeks recognition
THE INTERNET IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD
William P. Young has proved beyond any doubt how a good work of fiction can be published without any involvement from the publishing world. However, it doesn’t have to be that way and the article below discusses why.
The Shack should be remembered, not only for the quality of its content and message, but also for bucking the trend and encouraging new creative writers that there is a formula to get published, one way or the other.
Don’t miss the short editorial based on this subject below and let’s not dwell on thinking publication is only for the existing successful authors, the rich and famous, plus a few high profile politicians and sportspeople.
This is our attempt to bring awareness into the hearts and minds of readers everywhere that there is another great story just waiting to be found.
The physical meadow versus the celestial watering hole called “The Meadow”
The Feathers — from “The Meadow”
One from an eagle and one from an owl
This is how the story begins, with a legend, where two tail feathers are cast from an eagle and an owl in an aerial display.
To the right is a close up depicting them in the painting of “The Meadow” and left the real feathers, framed to celebrate the completion of “The Meadow”.
A WAKE UP CALL
This article is directed to the publishers and agents who deal with literary fiction
The Shack has held the number one spot on The New York Times best seller list for the past two months and the book is now into its 14th print run. This has been achieved with zero involvement from the publishing world. This is an amazing feat and what a shock to the established publishers who have been around for such a long time.
Are publishers still prepared to see another missed opportunity as “The Meadow” seeks a similar, alternative way to promote a very powerful story? It would appear that the submissions protocol for new, undiscovered creative writers no longer works and this includes appointed agents.
“The Meadow” is using the Internet as a very powerful marketing tool to blog its way into people’s awareness. Each week there will be at least two blogs added to an individual page, with periphery that details characters, locations, symbols and even the background surrounding the two authors (yes, there are two of them). No stone is left unturned in an attempt to bring you the storyline and synopsis in a completely different way.
This author, along with his co-writer, already has contact with William P. Young (Paul) and has been made extremely aware of the shortfalls that consume the publishing world. It is a shame that so many submitted pieces of creative fiction do not get an airing and remain on the hard drive of an undeserving author.
Follow the exploits of “The Meadow” and you will discover information that will enlighten you as to the storyline without giving too much away.
Thanks for reading this and should you feel the urge to follow us, then please click on to the following links:
THIS IS NO ORDINARY LITTLE BOY
Hugo Norman is a mildly autistic savant. His brilliance is beyond measure
However, Hugo’s mind worked well out of the box and when he came across a high-vogue Meccano set, he went about to produce an object that would have massive repercussions nine years later.
You can read more about this in another blog/lens article which will be titled “The Amazing Hugo Norman”.
Discover the amazing world behind Hugo’s vivid imagination and realize the true significance behind the above symbolic object when you find him between the pages of “The Meadow”.
Three beautiful creatures
They all feature in “The Meadow”
THE LORD OF THE DAY
THE LORD OF THE NIGHT
THE KING OF THE OPEN PLAINS
Some of the locations used in “The Meadow”
Get a feel for the story when you see some of the locations that are used
“The Meadow” first came to life as I began to put fingers to keyboard by the encouragement of my writing partner, Elfreda, who persuaded me that my head was not the place to permanently store such a wonderful story.
In the above picture, I’m in my office at home at my desk around 2005, with all ideas floating around within my being and wondering where it’s all going to lead. Perhaps there’s a few publishers and agents out there who can tell me exactly that.
I wonder how many actually bother to read all of this when they discover this page. One day they will have little choice but to give more respect to the power of the Internet.
Stop Struggling and Start Living – Rules of the Game
How to overcome struggle and start living — read about my writing partner and co-author of “The Meadow” and how her skills as a life coach inspired her to her first book
Amazon Price: $14.95 (as of 08/23/2008)
Mike’s interview on The Meadow
Explaining how The Meadow is to be marketed
The Meadow is an Epic Love Story Involving Four Past Lives.
http://www.themeadowblog.com/ I’ve just completed co-authoring a novel of more than 600 pages; a huge venture which took more than two and a half years to complete. My writing partner is Elfreda Pretorius and, would you believe, we never met until the book had been completed. How it all started is a long story and I shall be explaining all of this in detail as I progress. Watch out for The Meadow.
Runtime: 8:07 | 62 views | 0 Comments
Has this page raised any interest in learning more about “The Meadow”?
Do you also subscribe to my views regarding the publishing industry?
PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS AND CONTACT ME AT THE FOOT OF THIS PAGE
All the articles and blogs that I write are designed to create an awareness of “The Meadow”. Communication, pro-action and interaction is the name of the game. Let me know somehow that “The Meadow” is on your mental list. This will eventually lead us to the right people and bring this story (which was meant to be written) to the world.
The Meadow novel
A story of undying love over thousands of years through many different lives
- The Meadow Blog – Investigates Reincarnation or Past Lives
- TheMeadowblog investigates Reincarnation — or past lives. Discover the latest articles and personal experiences regarding this fascinating subject. Can the concept of Reincarnation be scientifically…
- Reincarnation Forum – Past Life Memories and Experiences :: RE …
- I was walking across a very green meadow to a castle in the distance. I shook my head in fear wondering how on earth I got there, and next thing I was back in my room, but when I closed my eyes I was there again, but this time I was at …
- Reincarnation: Have You Really Lived Before?
- Pythagoras, another Greek philosopher and mathematician, claimed in past lives he had been a warrior, a prophet burned to death, a peasant, the wife of a shopkeeper and a Phoenician prostitute. In its various forms, reincarnation is an …
- But it seems that the Rheims meeting, there was congestion at the …
- Many acres of fertile home price index which proved reincarnation those small balloons, made of silk, sufficiently capacious wipe out enable the propeller was in a wire. Richard past life regression of Deptford Strond, …
Go on — have your say.
This is your chance to either support what I say or be a positive sceptic
I don’t claim to be the world’s greatest blogger. On the contrary, I’m learning all the time. I will improve immensely if I get feedback which either supports or challenges what I write. Either way, this is the experience that I seek.
The publishing world no longer invest in the new creative writer(s)
1. The publishers have just about got it right
2. The publishing world has a long way to go
Follow me at Twitter
Twitter is just a great tool. Now all you have to do is post your material, copy the URL and paste into your Twitter browser.
The Meadow at Twitter
- I just updated my Squidoo page: TO ALL PUBLISHERS AND AGENTS WHO DEAL IN LITERARY FICTION / http://tinyurl.com/687m3w about 3 hours ago
- about to email this blog to publishers http://tinyurl.com/6fzcqy. Anyone willing to add to, or support, this comment? There’s still time. about 5 hours ago
- blog # 10 now done in promoting The Meadow novel. Come in and have a look and maybe comment. see http://tinyurl.com/5a8o25. Any publishers? about 21 hours ago
- just uploaded blog about a horse at WordPress, my main blogging site. See http://tinyurl.com/5bqgqq. This is no ordinary horse. Have a read 1 day ago
- I just updated my Squidoo page: ANOTHER GREAT HORSE TO ADD TO THE LIST / http://tinyurl.com/625bbj 1 day ago
Watch out for my personal avatar
The Phoenix rising from the ashes combined with an outline of a female’s head
My mother died, coinciding with my decision to go it alone and break the partnership and form a new business.
I commemorated this by designing this emblem/logo in memory of my late mother and in recognition of a new start in business.
It has remained with me ever since and has accompanied many articles that I have written, as well as being the company logo that accompanied all business administration.
This is the avatar of my co-author, Elfreda Pretorius
A little girl picking up a baby sparrow
Drawn by her son, it commemorates a turning point in her life when that same son, at the age of seven, overcame life threatening injuries sustained in an accident.
This is his vision of his mother as a little girl, wondering how to save a baby sparrow that fell from its nest – the same way she wondered how to help him survive all those years ago.
“Sparrow in my hand” is the book of his healing they intend to write in the near future.
Check out all “The Meadow” lenses and blogs
“The Meadow” has its own home page where you can read all about this story
However, before that can happen, there are certain factors which need addressing.
The main issue here is to get the story out there and attract people by showing snippets and characters in the book.
Here goes my lists of articles for you to follow regarding a great love story that spans over thousands of years.
I hope you can get something from all of them.
Follow my other links
These are from various sites and different people
- Elfreda, my writing partner’s own website
- Here you will find all you need to know about life skills.
- My Website for people to post their own material
- See in more detail how “The Meadow” has developed.
- Writer,Author,Publishing Club
- Gary Eby’s group in Squidoo.
- Another place to post your blogs
- A showpiece for “The Meadow”
- The Bookglutton Club
- Join me at this readers’ club.
We’re easily reached
If you are interested in learning more about “The Meadow”, then you can contact us as follows:–
No. 8 High Throston,
No. 22 Oakville,
L6H 2B5, Canada
Telephone: +(0044) 1429 279814
Fax: +(0044) 1429 231255
+(0001) 905 815 0734